Tuesday, June 14, 2011

note-a-bear: karibu-ndeko: Așa - Beautiful Imperfection...

 
 

Sent to you by moya via Google Reader:

 
 

via on 6/13/11



note-a-bear:

karibu-ndeko:

Așa - Beautiful Imperfection (2010)
Buy It Here! - Așa's Official Website

Nigerian/Parisienne singer Așa's new record.

Așa (birth name Bukola Elemide) was born in Paris, France and grew up in Lagos, Nigeria, and utilizes the English, French, and Yoruba languages in her lyrics. She has shared the stage with Les Nubians, Akon, John Legend, Beyonce, and Snoop Dogg, and is the ambassador for MTV South Africa.

Așa says the record title came from an interview in which she was "asked to describe my life. My reply was 'Well, its really beautiful, but at the same time it's imperfect! What I realised from that is that I actually like the imperfection. I like the little surprises that life gives you because I feel it humbles you and makes you think'."

also available: Așa (2007), her self-titled debut album.

love love love


 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

No comments: