Monday, February 21, 2011

Muses just sent me the cover image (front and back) for the...

 
 

Sent to you by moya via Google Reader:

 
 

via on 2/21/11



Muses just sent me the cover image (front and back) for the Chinese translation of Brown Girl in the Ring. Isn't it gorgeous? Details I love: the woman's features are actually black African; the part of her hair that's natural (below the spiked red tips) is realistic to black women's unprocessed hair; the spider on the woman's shoulder works as a shoutout to Anansi; the feel of the cover is futuristic (I don't get many of those, even when I write science fiction); the bulbous red-and-black spires to my mind effectively evoke Toronto's CN Tower, which is an important structure in the book; they credited the photographer of my author pic, as I asked them to do.


 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

No comments: