Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Polyphonic Feminisms: Acting in concert

 
 

Sent to you by moya via Google Reader:

 
 

via Liquor&Spice on 12/21/10

Polyphonic Feminisms: Acting in concert:

As the editors highlight in their introduction, Ella Shohat's call for colloquy without the muting of one voice over another is brightly reflected here. In a panoply of sound, sight, and text, Polyphonic Feminisms: Acting in Concert does not demand unity or agreement, but rather allows for a flourishing of ruminations on what feminism is, where it has been, and what paths it might travel forward. Imagining a world remade by many feminisms, Polyphonic Feminisms calls out for new ways of acting in concert.

I really don't even know what to do with myself right now. Just looking at the damn layout makes me weak in the knees! Geometric shapes. Clear, solid, contrasting colors. Linky links EVERYWHERE! And all the content laid out where I can see and keep track of it and not wander around confused clicking on vague headings! My brain loves this!

It's like all my favorite nerd things all in one place! Music metaphors and discord and fragmentation and no need for whole linear anything plus words by MY FAVORITE WRITER PEOPLE OF THE INTERNET?!?!?!

Everything is winning in marginalized nerd land, you guys. Everything.


 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your kind words. I hope you enjoy it as much as we enjoyed pulling it together. I only wish we were given room to showcase more of the amazing work that exists on this theme.