Thursday, October 28, 2010

"Being touched by a stranger and told that I was beautiful didn’t make me fe...

 
 

Sent to you by moya via Google Reader:

 
 

via maia medicine on 10/28/10

"Being touched by a stranger and told that I was beautiful didn't make me feel more beautiful; it made me feel unimportant. It made me feel like what I wanted – to go from home to work with a quick stop at Starbucks on the way, without being harassed – didn't matter. What mattered most was that this man had an opinion about me, so I had to hear it whether I wanted to or not. He wanted to touch me, so I was going to be touched, by a stranger, whether I wanted it or not."

-

(via newmodelminority

)

I seriously HATE it when people I barely know ESPECIALLY guys put their fucking hands on me without asking for my consent so if a stranger even more so if the stranger is a man were to do this I would freak the fuck out. I would be yelling "DON'T FUCKING TOUCH ME! GET YOUR FUCKING HANDS OFF ME! DON'T FUCKING PUT YOUR HANDS ON MY BODY WITHOUT MY CONSENT AND CALL ME BEAUTIFUL. DON'T!" I would keep doing this till the stranger backed away from me.

(via genderqueerdukeofmexico)


 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

No comments: