Monday, December 14, 2009

Milwaukee teacher cuts off little girl’s natural hair as punishment, throws ...

 
 

Sent to you by moya via Google Reader:

 
 

via bglhonline.com by Black Girl With Long Hair on 12/13/09

Wow, BGLHers have been sending in natural hair news alerts all over the place.

This is 7-year-old Lamya Cammon. Her teacher took her in front of her Milwaukee public school class and cut off one of her braids as punishment because she kept playing with her hair. The teacher has received just a small fine and is still in the classroom.

21944795_640X480

Here's an excerpt from the story:

"She told me to stop playing with it. Then cut it off and sent me back to my desk," Cammon said.

"I went to my desk and cried. And they was laughing," Cammon said. "She threw it away, and she said, 'Now what you gonna go home and say to your momma? ' And I said, 'That you cut off my hair,'" Cammon said.

The full article is HERE and the video is HERE.

Post to Twitter Tweet This Post


 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

1 comment:

Kwinnky said...

Not even much of a fine. Shouldn't maybe the mother should have thrown the words "unconstitutional" and "lawyer" around.