Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Hey hey hey [A word from Yukimi]

doesn't this make you love her even more?!

 
 

Sent to you by moya via Google Reader:

 
 

via Electric Forest by yukimi on 12/9/09



So the touring for 2009 is coming towards its end.
Its been a good year for us!!!!
All the long drives, crazy people, great shows, bad shows, the living in a suitcase has ceased for a winter beak.
At home its christmas madness. I almost forgot.
Not really into it christmas, but looking forward to seeing my family!
So exited to just come home drink tea write new songs in the studio with the guys. I feel inspired. I have some ideas.
Its funny I was talking to Håkan today about how bizarre it feels that people have come out to see us! Come to hear our songs that we made in our messy old hand made studio. Constant Surprises was one of the first songs that I recorded with Håkan in his room with a cold laying down in the sofa. I wrote the lyrics for Twice quite fast and recorded it directly, didnt think it was good enough afterwards and wasn't sure if we should put it on the album. All the drama we have gone through with our label since our debute etc. Its been a journey for us and also for me to feel confident about my writing. To finally be singing songs that Ive written myself!
When I was in 7th grade in sweden my music teacher thought I should sing jazz songs because he thought my voice would suite it. I really wasnt into jazz at all at the time. I was listening to prince everyday in my room after school dancing in front of the mirror. I did aspire at one point to get into some music school but never got in. ( I think that was a good thing for me.)
I just wanted to sing so badly if any of my friends would ask me to sing on there albums I would do it. Thats why sometimes I mentally cringe when people come up to me and say oh I love that song you did with forex Swell Session. Nothing against Andreas in Swell Session but honestly I was 17 singing someone elses lyrics and melodies with pretty strict instructions of how to sing it.
Its hard for me to relate to alot of recordings I have done as a guest vocalist. But those are my personal issues.
Guest singing with Koop was a big deal for me, they had a big following and I gradually got over my shyness on stage from touring with them.
I started surviving on my music (almost)unlike Håkan Erik and Fred who were hustling at home. Thanks to Koop I was able to afford some more proper recording gear and the guys started building a studio that was less like a pile of stuff taking up a part of our rooms.
Anyway one thing led to another. Cant wait to get home to the studio. Thanks to all of you who came out to our shows danced with us or bought our records...........
peace peace peace
luv luv luv
yukimi

 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

No comments: