Wednesday, December 30, 2009

formspring.me

what first got you to create qbg? what was the inspiration? where do you see qbg going/becoming in 2010?

I've (We've) always been a little different from what we were supposed to be. Instead of trying to suppress that difference or hide, I we have come to celebrate it.

I was always on the outside looking in and as I got older I realized there were more and more black girls who felt that way. I met a lot at Spelman and we were able to create our own universe and our own constellations within a generally hostile and pretty conservative environment. It was awesome!

After we graduated I think we all still yearned for that and sought to realize it in other ways. I met a wonder twin and when our synergistic powers combined, QBG was born!

In 2010 I see QBG blossoming. regional meet & greets, potlucks; we are planning a QBG festival for 2012 . . . I see a book filled with pictures of QBG's and stories of their worlds. . . QBG Corners at concerts and national events... Sky's the limit! I see QBG productions, making movies, books, media for QBG's of all ages! With that in mind, I'd love suggestions on how to make QBG more intergenerational!

Ask me anything

No comments: